KAI KF-21 Boramae (KFX Korean Indigenous Fighter program)

Still displaying the same very good control precision as during their first flight.
Wonder if that the same pilot.

Mach 1.8 is reportedly faster than the F-18E and as fast as a 4th gen not really stealtlhy Rafale.

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/448/0000458259
Until now, it has been testing the stability of the aircraft and missile operation by flying at a low speed of 400 to 800 kilometers per hour, and it was confirmed that it exceeded Mach 1.8 of the top speed of the aircraft for the first time in a test flight on May 2.

https://defence-industry.eu/south-k...d-meteor-missile-from-kf-21-boramae-aircraft/
On May 8, the South Korean Defence Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) conducted a successful test of the Meteor long-range air-to-air missile from the KF-21 Boramae fighter jet.
Additionally, DAPA also confirmed the successful testing of the IRIS-T short-range air-to-air missile on the same day, further showcasing the KF-21’s versatile armament capabilities. The KF-21 Boramae is now the fourth aircraft type to be integrated with the Meteor missile, following the Rafale, Eurofighter, and Gripen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related photos and videos have not been released yet, but they are expected to be released soon. During the missile launch test, there is no video taken from the outside aircraft, but only video taken from inside KF-21.
(Via: urban mine/defencehub)

The watermark says mbicnews
thats the problem with ハクMason's Twitter
he takes a lot of work from elsewhere, doesn't credit them, and adds a lot of his own spin to it which half the time is pure speculation.
Yeah he's just a fanboy at this point, and I've heard that he's not even Korean? Regardless you can't expect to gain useful info from him.

Yeah he's just a fanboy at this point,
I mean, the KF21 is a very impressive development for the Koreans. Basically a 4.75Gen fighter, and isn't the KF21 their first home grown fighter design? LO shaped, but still has 4gen engines for right now.

Same with the Turks and Kaan.

I mean, the KF21 is a very impressive development for the Koreans. Basically a 4.75Gen fighter, and isn't the KF21 their first home grown fighter design? LO shaped, but still has 4gen engines for right now.

Same with the Turks and Kaan.
What I meant by that is he doesn't have much knowledge to offer. As said, he's not different from those fanboys regardless of nationality.

Yes, Kf-21 is most impressive indeed (it's one of my favorite fighters) but bending over backwards to market it as something it's not trying to be is petty imo.

Yeah he's just a fanboy at this point, and I've heard that he's not even Korean? Regardless you can't expect to gain useful info from him.

seems like he is from Japan.
if anything though.. he knows where to find the news.
Judging from his posts, he tends to be a week or two late after all the Korean or Japanese mainstream media publishes something.
Then he translates it into English for the global audience.

I think one problem is we don't have like a "Deino" for other Asian arms industries, so thats how ハクMason gets his followers

BB1mex9N.img

(Korean Phantom to be retired on early June)

I'd recommend procuring more FA-50s first. They need to expand their laughable fleet but I'm not even sure they have the budget for more aircraft.

Forget Boramae, even a couple of Vipers don't seem possible at this point.
yeah I totally agree with this, better to consolidate their fleet first and build up more of the same types to improve both capacity and simplify logistics.

That said, it does seem the Philippines are buying a lot of Korean equipment, as they also bought a number of warships from them too.
A benefit is that should their planes or ships need to be repaired, Korea is not that far away compared to manufacturers in North America or Europe.

It seems that Korean items have good potential in SE Asia, where countries are generally friendly to the US and prefer "Western" systems but also have some distance too (either voluntarily or placed upon them).
For similar reasons I can see Turkish equipment also being appealing for the same reasons, especially with Malaysia and Indonesia.