SpaceX (general discussion)

I know it needs to be cheap. Money was no object for defense programs, so leveraging work already paid for in some defense program would seem wise.

If not SLBMs, maybe cryogenic in-flight refueling proposals that got so only got far.

I want Starship to succeed.

What might you suggest he look into?
SpaceX knows where to look for information. No need to help them in this area.
There is nothing in defense program to leverage from. No defense program has done anything remotely like this.
They have ability to get data from all the "cryogenic in-flight refueling proposals" from NASA and would be ludicrous to think otherwise that they haven't. Also, by flying dozens if not 100's of cameras in propellants tanks, SpaceX has more data on fluids in zero gravity than existed before.

Launch is 19th May.

The National Reconnaissance Office is targeting early May to begin launching the first phase of an operational proliferated constellation of spy satellites to enhance the military’s ability to gather space-based intelligence.

The mission, dubbed NROL 146, will be the first launch of six that are planned in 2024 for the NRO’s future proliferated architecture, Troy Meink, the agency’s principal deputy director, said Tuesday during a keynote speech at the annual Space Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
“This launch will be the first launch of an actual operational system,” Meink said.
NROL-146 will be launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. Meink did not provide details about how many payloads would be included in the first launch in May, or how many satellites NRO wants for the proliferated constellation.

SpaceX issue Vehicle operator License at FAA about use Starship/Superheavy on Launch complex 39A
FAA prepare Environmental Impact Study on this, because the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.

SpaceX aim for 44 launches/year with Starship/Superheavy form LC 39A or every 8 days !
oddly the License include:
Starship/ Superheavy launches from LC-39A, recoverable or expendable configuration.
Landing of Starship and Superheavy at LC-39A or on Droneship !

It unclear to me, if Vehicle operator License include the use of VAB to store Superheavy and Starships near by.

Seems that SpaceX License cover very possibility on evolution of Starship / Superheavy

Source:
What about it!?

New article on the proposed private mission to service Hubble, after reading this I just cannot see it happening at least in its present form if at all. Jared Isaacman doesn’t come across that well, at least in this article. There seems a lack of understanding by some of those outside NASA not just of the risk of human life of the possible premature loss of Hubble from such a mission.

Blackstar (Mr. Day) is on record as supporting astronauts still being trained on T-38s.

Good call on his part.

As for NPR, there is likely some grudge against Musk there.