USAF/US NAVY 6G Fighter Programs - F/A-XX, F-X, NGAD, PCA, ASFS news

@Kat Tsun said AI bomber:

Is dropping a pair of 1000 lbs JDAMs not something a bomber does? AI bombers would be doing the things that JSF could be doing if it weren't busy cosplaying as an ATF and carrying AMRAAMs.

The B-21 also still has the optional manning" as a requirement in the contract. It's just not mature enough for prime time yet.

Last edited:
Is dropping a pair of 1000 lbs JDAMs not something a bomber does? AI bombers would be doing the things that JSF could be doing if it weren't busy cosplaying as an ATF and carrying AMRAAMs. That seems to be where the USAF is headed since it never got as many F-22s as it "needed". Now that it is facing a force of at least 250 J-XX and probably closer to 300-400 by the end of the decade. Add in however many J-31s the PLAN is able to buy and build. It's a pretty sizeable force of what seems to be competently built LO aircraft.

JSF will too busy being tasked with DCA to do much bombing.
No, dropping 1000lb JDAMs is something even an F22 can do.

It's dropping the big stuff that defines bombers anymore. 5000lbs and bigger.

I was thinking about that myself dark sidius, certainly be fast enough to keep up with the main fighter force.
We could be surprise when the NGAD will take the light, imagine this kind like the picture , abble to do A/A, air dominance , control node ? refuel F-35 like attack fighter, a fleet mix of all this capacity could be the real air dominance....

We could be surprise when the NGAD will take the light, imagine this kind like the picture , abble to do A/A, air dominance , control node ? refuel F-35 like attack fighter, a fleet mix of all this capacity could be the real air dominance....
I admit, I am expecting in the neighborhood of 40klbs of fuel on the beast.

any plane costing in to the "hundreds of millions" should be capable of transitioning in and out space at least for short periods.

it should be near impervious via an all-axis DEW defensive suite.

it should have a sufficient payload bay for a significant amount of H-K UAS/munitions. Such UAS/munitions should possess multiple shot capability and even be recoverable on the non/permissive battlespace/ground if not all shots are taken.

any plane costing in to the "hundreds of millions" should be capable of transitioning in and out space at least for short periods.

it should have a sufficient payload bay for a significant amount of H-K UAS/munitions. Such UAS/munitions should possess multiple shot capability and even be recoverable on the non/permissive battlespace/ground if not all shots are taken.
I take it you want a unicorn for your birthday, and not a pony.

Any one of those capabilities costs about $200mil.

Didn't someone claim there will be "plasma stealth" for their re-entry vehicle? :cool:
Even radar stealth can be solved, the heat signature is something you can't hide